Can't make to a class in Reno? Try these from home!
- Beginners - Build and Program a Bumper Bot - Scroll down to start
- Intermediate - Build and program a Line Following Bot
Beginning Lego - Bumper Bot
One of the most basic toys most kids have see is a bumper car. The car self drive forward and when it runs in to an object it turns around and goes the other way. This is the very basic of a robotics and this is where we will start.
This lesson will guide you through building the bot to programming it.
Part1 - Build a basic robot using Lego NXT or EV3 kits
- Build a rolling bot...
- Here is a picture of a basic bot to build. The links to full instructions is below the picture - This will also work for the intermediate lessons.
Once you have the bot built next comes the programming. Think about how a bumper car works and try answering the following questions...
- Can you make a step by step list of what the robot needs to do?
- In the build instructions we use a switch sensor to sense an object. Can you use a different sensor and which one?