Arduino Robot Build
- You will need to purchase a Arduino starter kit.
- We recommend from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Elegoo-Project-Complete-Starter-Tutorial/dp/B01CZTLHGE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1504362609&sr=8-6&keywords=arduino+starter+kit
- If you already have an Arduino and want to use it that will work also. We will help you buy the parts as we go.
- Download the needed software to your computer
- Get the Arduino IDE software here https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software They do ask for a donation but it is not necessary now. We will make a donation as a club.
- If you have trouble or don't feel comfortable doing this, don't worry, we will help you on the first meeting.
- Come to the next many meetings with your Kit and a laptop of any kind. The laptop will be needed to interface and program the Arduino board.
Arduino Part 3
Lets build a clock!
- Build a clock program and display the time in HR:MIN:SEC on the display output of the Arduino Software.
- What variables will you need?
- How will you time the program so you can count seconds?
- How will you count the minutes, hours, and AM/PM?
- Try to build this program on your own then click the link below to see how to start or how your compares.
- Click me for help - I am not the full answer but will get you started.
- Test your program - Does your clock keep good time over 24 hours? If not how do you adjust it?
- Click Me for even more help - This program in untested.
- Click here for an example of the working clock program. You will still need to adjust it if time drifts.
- Display the time using LEDs or Segmented display
- We will start on building Nov 17th
- Look at your display and see if you can find specifications sheet that will help you program for the display.
- Click here for the drawing of how to wire the LCD display
- Click here for the final program that will run your LCD
- Start Building our new Robot
- Starting early Dec 1 to build the Arduino Bot